Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Creativity and New Media

Just as I mentioned in my last post, new media gives users the necessary tools to create new and exciting content. The link all the way on the bottom of this blog post was something that I created for one of my classes as a semester long group project. 

We were assigned to create a fictitious business and then be as creative as we can be to present to our class. Our group decided to start a sporting goods company called SportsThrone.com since most of us were into various sports. My assignment was to create a marketing campaign for one of our best selling running shoes and to make an advert that goes along with it. Although the video you will see looks very generic, it is 100% my own work and contains snips and bits from at least 8 to 9 different videos and commercials and the background voice was also found separately. This was my first ever attempt at creating and editing videos so some of the transitions from one scene to another wasn't well timed. Nonetheless, it was really fun to make and turned out decent for a newbie. To reiterate, new media tools such as editing software's and YouTube in general not only fosters creativity, but also promotes it.




Link:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQcjXXVvsOg

(Please watch till the end to see closing statement)

No comments:

Post a Comment